1. Make the spicy glaze: Heat all the ingredients in a small saucepan very gently, stirring well for 2 mins, then put to one side.
2. Prepare the chicken wings: Cut the tips from the wings and chop each wing in half at the joint, then pat the wings dry.
3. In a bowl mix the cornflour, salt and baking powder and then one by one coat the wings with the mixture. Tap excess flour from the wings and leave to rest on a metal rack.
4. Cook the Chicken wings: Fill a deep fryer or pot with oil and heat to 180°C. Once oil is at temperature, In a bowl mix dry batter ingredients and then add the water and whisk together well.
5. Cooking In batches, dip each wing into the in the batter mixture using tongs, make sure each wing is well coated and transfer straight into the oil. Fry until a light golden colour, about 5-7 minutes and transfer to a rack.
6. When all chicken is fried ensure oil temp is back at 180°C then fry the wings once more until they turn to a deeper brown colour, for around 4-6 minutes.
7. Let the chicken rest until cool enough to handle and transfer to a serving dish, then drizzle Gochujang glaze over the top.